I rarely write about personal things on my blog, but this month has been absolutely crazy; it’s been full of ups and downs. September is always a busy time of year for me, what with transitioning back to school and my birthday falling on Labour Day weekend, but this one has been especially chaotic.
I’ve always embraced change, but this month my life has been completely turned upside down. And I kept piling it on myself, thinking- “So much has changed already. Why not change this as well?” And so I thought I would share the top-line version of what I’ve been up to the past 30 days.
This September, I…
– Turned 21.
– Finished my work term with RBC and flew back to Vancouver.
-> And with that, gained a whole new appreciation for my beautiful hometown while experiencing major Toronto + RBC withdrawal. It was a strange mix of feelings.
-> Was reunited with friends and family I hadn’t seen in months on end.
– Dealt with the loss of a loved one.
– Attended my first funeral.
– Cut my hair short for the first time since I was 11.
– Entered my fourth year of school at UBC.
– Took a course for credit/d/fail for the first time in my undergrad.
– Replaced my childhood bed that I’ve been sleeping in since I grew out of my crib.
– Briefly flew back to Toronto for 48 hours.
– Wrote my very first cheque for a significant amount of money.
– Started a new job as a TA at school.
I am looking forward to a new month- while bringing all the lessons that I’ve learned the past couple of months along with me. 2014 has been a year of learning, change, and growth, and I am excited to see what the rest of this year will bring.
WINTER IS COMING MIDTERMS ARE COMING.